Our client is one of the oldest established diesel generator manufactures in the UK. Producing generators from 20 - 3000Kva. Due to the continued expansion of our field service department, they have a vacancy for an additional enthusiastic Field Service Engineer to join the team.
Tasks and Responsibilities of the Generator Engineer:
- Carry out fault finding and diagnosis
- Resolve engine electrical and mechanical problems
- Carry out on-site engine wet & dry services
- Carry out on site load bank testing
- Replace both electrical and mechanical components
- Good housekeeping of both customer sites and service vehicle
- Complete paperwork in a timely manner
- Provide call out cover for breakdowns on a rota System
- Proactively work to and contribute to continuous improvement of the companies ISO quality, Environmental and Health and Safety Management Standards.
Qualities of the Generator Engineer:
- Have at least one year's previous experience in a similar role
- Have served/completed an approved apprenticeship in one of the following mechanical/ electrical engineering /diesel or plant fitting, or have achieved BTEC or equivalent level
- Have a full driving licence (with towing categories preferred)
- Strong communicator
- Be enthusiastic and not defeatist
- Work using your own initiative, with minimal supervision
- Being willing to work overtime
- Competitive Salary
- Service Van / Mobile Phone and Laptop
- Paid Overtime
- 25 Days Holidays plus Bank Holidays
If you feel you are suitable for this position based on what has outlined above, please don't hesitate to get in touch. Alternatively, if you have any questions please feel free to get in contact with us, where we will happily provide any information you require.