A fantastic permanent opportunity is now available for an experienced Generator Engineer based around East Anglia. Our client is an established name in the generator and power industry working on a range of hire and standby diesel generator sets. Opportunities such as these are very rare to come by as our client boasts an excellent retention rate and a fantastic scope for career progression. The successful candidate will be rewarded with a healthy salary along with excellent overtime and on call rewards as well as other employment benefits. Full product training will be provided to get the successful applicant up to speed.
For the role of a Generator Engineer, you will be required to;
- Maximum functionality and availability of Diesel Engines in the region by fault finding of diesel generators and control panels on customer sites
- All scheduled routine maintenance is carried out to the highest standard and customer satisfaction is maintained at all times.
- Technical support is provided to customers to the highest level
- Faults are identified and rectified in line with customer expectations.
- Out of hours callouts are responded to in a timely manner.
To be considered for the role of Generator Engineer, you must have;
- A minimum of Level 2 or Equivalent in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- An excellent understanding of Mechanical and Electrical fault finding (Ideally Mechanically biased with Electrical qualifications)
- Ideally a strong background fault finding, maintaining and repairing Diesel Engines or Generators
- Excellent customer facing skills
- Knowledge of generator control panels such as Deepsea, Woodward, DEIF or Scada would be preferable but not essential
In return, the package for the successful candidate will include;
- Basic Salary up to £30,000 (DOE)
- Excellent overtime opportunities (Mon-Sat x1 ½ / Sundays x2/ Bank Holidays x3)
- Pension contribution
- Life insurance – 3x basic salary
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Sick pay
- Van, phone, laptop