A fantastic permanent opportunity is now available for an experienced Generator Engineer based around the South West area. Our client is an established name in the generator and power industry working on a range of hire and standby diesel generator sets. Opportunities such as these are very rare to come by as our client boasts an excellent retention rate and a fantastic scope for career progression. The successful candidate will be rewarded with a healthy salary along with excellent overtime and on call rewards as well as other employment benefits. Full product training will be provided to get the successful applicant up to speed.
For the role of a Generator Engineer, you will be required to;
- Maximum functionality and availability of Diesel Engines in the region by fault finding of diesel generators and control panels on customer sites
- All scheduled routine maintenance is carried out to the highest standard and customer satisfaction is maintained at all times.
- Technical support is provided to customers to the highest level
- Faults are identified and rectified in line with customer expectations.
- Out of hours callouts are responded to in a timely manner.
To be considered for the role of Generator Engineer, you must have;
- 17th Edition 2391 Inspection & Testing
- City & Guilds ONC, BTEC ONC, NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
- City & Guilds IEE 17th Edition Regulations
- Time served with minimum 5 years’ experience as time served electrician.
- Knowledge of most economical and effective layout of electrical installations
- Good working knowledge of Diesel Driven generator sets and their control systems.
- Sound technical knowledge and testing experience of electro/mechanical and electronic protection devices.
- Experience and understanding of PLC’s and Micro Processor based control systems.
In return, the package for the successful candidate will include;
- Basic Salary up to £30,000 - £40,000 (DOE)
- Excellent overtime opportunities (Mon-Sat x1 ½ / Sundays x2/ Bank Holidays x3)
- Pension contribution
- Life insurance – 3x basic salary
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Sick pay
- Van, phone, laptop