A fantastic opportunity has become available for the role of a service and maintenance technician to cover sites in Glasgow. You will be required to do all service and maintenance works including diagnosis, servicing and repairs of our Hire and Standby fleet of generator sets. The role also includes installation of generators on our customer sites to the satisfactory standard of the customer.
Main Responsibilities of Service and Maintenance Technician:
- Diagnose, service and repair of TC and Power equipment as required and in line with company guidelines and procedures.
- Diagnose machine faults using appropriate test equipment and recommend repairs, use Service and Parts information to identify parts and procedures required to complete repairs, complete all required technical reports and other documents.
- Provide technical support to customers and internal team:
- on the depot, including project managers, and assist in planning for TC and Power projects.
- to customers on technical and service related aspects of equipment and installations.
- Determine most cost-effective repair/resolution to minimize customer downtime.
- Promote companies positively to the customer in a professional manner.
- Be an active member of the engineering team.
- Preparation of reports in line with companies internal requirements.
- Committed to work according to company QHSSE guidelines and ensures support on continuous improvement at all applicable areas within the organization.
- Support the 24/7 coverage on an on-call rota system.
Requirements for the role consist of:
- Minimum of a 4-year engineering apprenticeship or equivalent.
- Good working experience within the rental market in power generation/ temperature control.
- Good working experience of mechanical and electrical / electronic systems.
- Good knowledge of product range.
- Fully competent on all aspects of diagnosis and repair.
- Good customer care and interface skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Flexible approach to 24/7 business.
- Hold a full and current driving licence.
- Has knowledge of the English language.
- Basic IT competency required.
In return the successful candidate will receive:
- Salary between £25-30K
- Company Vehicle (Nissan Navara)
- Overtime (Mon – Sat 1 ½, Sun 2)
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays